Thursday, September 29, 2016

Playlists!

Thought I'd do something a little different tonight and post up some tunes from my playlist. I listen to these while working the day job, and while writing, since music with lyrics doesn't really impact my writing too negatively.

I use Amazon Prime Music for my music, choosing to either shuffle all my songs (currently only 133 on the list...I just did a clean-out), or listening to a specific artist. Since I'm going to see Halestorm live in October, I've been listening to them a lot lately, but here are the first ten songs that come up on a random shuffle of my list:

1. I Miss the Misery - Halestorm
2. Angels Fall - Breaking Benjamin
3. Inhale - Stone Sour
4. Gone Sovereign - Stone Sour
5. Bring It - Trapt
6. Amen - Halestorm
7. Heaven Knows - The Pretty Reckless
8. Bitch Came Back - Theory of a Deadman
9. Silence and Scars - Pop Evil
10. Lydia - Highly Suspect

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a rocker, though there are some softer songs on my list. They just didn't come up this go-around.

And while I don't find lyrics affecting my writing, I do find the kind of music affecting the mood/tone sometimes. If I'm writing a love scene, for example, I wouldn't likely tune in any of these songs, but would opt for something more upbeat. If I'm writing a fight scene, though...

Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment