Thursday, September 22, 2016

What I'm Reading - September 22nd, 2016

Like any writer, I tend to have multiple books going at any given time. I'm currently plunging through four different books, in fact.

Shadow Rider by Christine Feehan is a sizzling hot paranormal romance about Francesca Capella, a wayward Italian girl in some trouble who finds herself in the hands of dark and dangerous Stefano Ferraro. Stefano is a shadow rider--a killer who gets around by disappearing into shadows--and a VERY traditional Italian man. So far, this is a nice blend of a supernatural thriller and a super-steamy erotic romance, where a strong female character gets involved with a stronger--even dominating--man.

I'm also reading an advanced reader copy (ARC) of Austin Rogers' space opera Sacred Planet. Austin's a friend of mine from my MFA studies, and he has put together a very entrancing story that blends science fiction and theology for a powerful story spanning a galaxy.

I backed a Kickstarter run by Zombies Need Brains, LLC awhile back, and just started my copy of Alien Artifacts, an anthology of stories about alien artifacts found by humans as we wander the universe. ZNB has always done great work, and so far, this book is another good one. Themed anthos can be tough to do well, but Josh Palmatier and Tricia Bray always do a great job populating theirs with superb fiction.

And finally, I just finished The Witcher Chime, by Amity Green. This is a horror tome that gave me more than a few nightmares. Neat take on ancient good and evil, superb setting and characters, and very suspenseful. I do NOT recommend reading it right before bed, like I did, as it really does cause some creepy dreams. But do read it.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment